Every day of the year is a great time to celebrate mom. We have a special for your special mom this Mother’s Day, May 12th! On Mother’s Day, bring your mom to DeSoto Caverns for her free Caverns tour. We hope you create incredible memories together and give her favorite gift, time spent together. We’ve included some quotes across history by individuals who have shared how valuable mothers are!
1. “All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” —Abraham Lincoln
2. “My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her.” —George Washington
3. “Life began with waking up and loving my mother’s face.” —George Eliot
4. “If I have done anything in life worth attention, I feel sure that I inherited the disposition from my mother.” —Booker T. Washington
5. “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow.” —Maya Angelou
6. “The phrase ‘working mother’ is redundant.” —Jane Sellman