This is the ultimate outdoor/indoor experience! For those groups seeking something beyond the ordinary, look no further than an overnight stay in the mesmerizing DeSoto Caverns. Many have camped, but few can say they've camped in the depths of the earth. This is one of the greatest camping experiences as it maximizes your capacity to enjoy the wonder and experience the beauty of the caverns' sounds people have enjoyed for thousands of years. Our cave is sixty degrees year round which also makes it an excellent temperate place to enjoy your stay. We guarantee a night unlike any other.
* Book online or call : 256.378.7225
- Overnight adventures are available to groups of 20 or more with reservations. The group must pay for a minimum of 20 people even if you have less than 20 in attendance.
- A $250 non-refundable deposit is required on all overnight reservations.
- Scout and school groups are not taxable in Alabama when purchases are made in one payment by the organization. The group organizer must collect all money in advance and pay for the entire group in a lump sum.
- The group cannot begin activities until the group organizer has checked in with the Gift Shop staff.
- The group organizer receives complimentary admission.
- If more than 50 paying attendees, 1 chaperone per additional 50 youth will receive complimentary admission.
- The entire group must participate in the same package and attractions.
- Adventure Overnight Experience
- Special Extended Caverns Tour (part of the tour is by latern light), followed by our Laser Light Show
- Flashlight Maze
- Enjoy the cave for 12 hours from 7PM to 7AM
- Book Now
- Legendary Overnight Experience
- Everything from Adventure Overnight Experience, plus:
- 5 attractions*
- 1 meal (Old Fashioned Hot Dog Roast or Breakfast)
- *Attractions must be completed as a group
- Book Now
*Prices listed are per person and do not include 8% sales tax.
*Included in Legendary Overnight and Epic Overnight Experiences
- Old Fashioned Hot Dog Roast
- 2 hot dogs/person
- Potato Chips
- Variety of cereals
- Milk & Juice
- Pizza Party
- Old Fashioned Hot Dog Roast
- Extra Picture
- Taken inside our Cathedral Room during the Caverns Tour.
- A printed photo will be given to the group leader along with an online version of the photo to share with your entire group!
- Overnight Adventure Patch
- Attraction Pass
- Primitive Tent Camping
- A backpack or duffel bag packed with all of your gear.
Helpful Hint: You will carry your gear .2 miles from the parking area to the cave, so pack what you can carry that distance.
- A sturdy flashlight with extra batteries
- A small pack to carry a water bottle and extra batteries
- Toothpaste and toothbrush
- Change of clothes, socks and a jacket
Helpful Hint: If you are staying overnight, remember our Caverns is 60 degrees year round, so bring pajamas that would be most comfortable for you in that temperature
- Towel (we have a few indoor showers located at our Coosa Pavilion)
- Plastic bag for dirty clothes. If you are planning on doing attractions, plan for having fun and possibly sweating a little, so bring a bag for those dirty clothes!
- Sleeping bag, ground cloth (tarp, plastic) if spending the night
Helpful Hint: We do have electricity in the cave, so if you want to bring an air mattress & pump for “roughing-it” that will work just fine.
Yes, to protect the cave and abide by the laws of the state of Alabama, a few items are not allowed in the cave. The following is a list of items that are not allowed during DeSoto Caverns Adventure Trips.
- Chewing gum
- Alcohol or drugs
- Food or drinks (water is allowed, but carbonated drinks and other pollutants if spilled damage the formations of the natural Caverns)
Helpful Hint: If you medically must have certain foods, please call our office for details.
- Pets, radios, video games, laser pointers
- Weapons or fireworks
- Cigarettes, cigars or chewing tobacco. DeSoto Caverns is a tobacco free environment
If you need to charge your phone or plug in an air mattress, we do have an extension cord available with a three-prong plug.