- Is Parking Free?
- Yes, all parking is free.
- Does the park have an entrance fee?
- Is photography or video allowed inside the cave?
- Yes, we encourage the use of photography and video in the cave!
- Is DeSoto Caverns Family Fun Park a State or National Park?
- No, we are a privately owned park that has stayed in the same family for over 100 years.
- Are strollers or baby back-packs allowed inside the cave.
- Yes, they are. Our cave has a tunnel, making it accessible for you and your young ones.
- Is the Caverns handicap accessible?
- Yes, we are. We are proud to be one of the first caves to be handicap accessible throughout the entire tour! We now have a tunnel instead of stairs that leads into the caverns and there are no longer any areas of the cave where stairs are used. Because of the natural environment of the cave, some areas had to be steeply ramped and will require an additional helper to navigate. Warning: For cave visitors in a wheelchair, it is required that you bring a capable assistant to help you with navigating the steep portions of the cave.
- Is DeSoto Caverns open for the holidays?
- We are open all holidays except Christmas Day and Thanksgiving Day.
- Are pets allowed at DeSoto Caverns Family Fun Park?
- Yes, pets are allowed in the park as long as they remain on a leash. Inside the cave we only allow pets if you are capable of holding them throughout the tour. People who bring their pets are responsible for cleaning up their pet's waste. People with pets also will be held responsible for any damage their pet creates. Because of the indoor-outdoors nature of a cave, we cannot have any animals using the restroom inside the caverns, so they must be small enough to be held through the entirety of the tour.
- Is there food on the premises?
- Yes, we offer hotdogs, pizza, chips, ice-cream, drinks, snack items, etc. in our Gift Shop. Be sure to try our award winning home-made fudge!
- What should I wear inside DeSoto Caverns?
- The temperature inside the cave is 60 degrees year-round. In the summer, it will be refreshingly cool, and in the winter it will be a comfortable warmer temperature. Because the entrance to our cave is a steep ramped tunnel we recommend wearing shoes with traction on the bottom, although there is a handrail for steadying yourself if your shoes are smooth on bottom.
- Does it rain inside of the cave?
- It does not rain inside the cave. Although, because this cave is still growing you may experience getting dripped on occasionally. We like to call these occasional drips "cave kisses."
- Can I have a family get-together at the cave?
- Yes, please feel free to check our groups tab and if your group has 20 or more contact us to make a reservation at a special group rate!
- Is there camping nearby?
- We have a campground on the property. Please go to our camping page in order to learn more!
For Directions Use the Map Below
Address : 5181 DeSoto Caverns pkwy Childersburg, AL 35044
If you still have questions, Call Us : (256) 378-7252.