Where learning meets fun! We are proud to offer a caverns tour saturated with both historical and scientific information. Our cave has played an ongoing role in historical events for over 2,000 years from the woodland Indians to the Prohibition in the 1920s. Our specific historical contributions span thousands of years but we assure you whether your class is learning about the exploration of America, the Civil War, or the geological formations, our cave will bring education to life! We invite you and your class to make history here at DeSoto Caverns and encounter stories you'll never forget.
(Grades Pre K-12)
- School group rates are available only to accredited school groups of 20 or more paying attendees with a reservation.
- All students & chaperones paid through the school receive the discounted school group rate.
- Teachers, school bus drivers, and other school staff receive complimentary admission.
- Teachers receive complimentary admission for school group overnight packages.
- Complimentary tickets are only issued to school staff (teacher, nurse, bus driver) and cannot be used for another person.
- Schools must collect all money in advance and pay for the entire group (including parents) in a lump sum to receive the school rate.
- School groups are not subject to sales tax when purchases are made in one payment by the organization.
* Call us to confirm availability on your desired date: 256.378.7252
- Hot Dog Roast
- 2 hot dogs, potato chips, cookies, marshmallows, & lemonade
- Students roast their own hot dogs & marshmallows using a roasting stick over campfires we build for you.
- Pizza Party
- 2 slices of pizza, potato chips, cookies, & lemonade
- Includes a variety of cereals, pastries, fruits, & milk and juice
Available December - February
This unique classroom experience involves hands-on interactive subterranean education! Your students will experience an education within the subject, complete with powerpoint presentation, chemical reactions with onyx demonstration, and fossils ranging from a mammoth bone to shark teeth for them to see and touch. After their hands on learning they will then experience our Caverns tour!
*$30/person with a meal
During the extended Underground Classroom, students will learn about stalactites, stalagmites, and more geographical information.
Our caverns is blessed with a rich history extending back over 2,000 years ago.
Artifacts & Fossils
We also discuss the sedimentary layers and how fossils are formed. We also have a time where students get to see and touch a Mastadon bone found in our cave!